10 Most Popular Celebrities That Inspire You Not To Give Up
“Do Not Give Up”, as being a human you must have heard this phrase more than you have ever needed during pursuing your dreams or accomplishing any great mission. Well every individual has got their own specific reason for being inspired and Not to Give Up on which they rely and own most of their accomplishments. But here, I have arranged biography of some popular celebrities that never gave up on their dreams that maybe motivating for you too.
1. Marilyn MonroeNorma Jean Baker, one of dead and greatest popular celebrities, better known as Marilyn Monroe had a disrupted and loveless childhood. She was born on June 1, 1926 in Los Angeles, California. At age seven, she was orphaned when her mother, Gladys Baker Mortenson, was hospitalized after being identified as a paranoid schizophrenic which made her to spend two years of her life in an orphanage. the constant move from one foster family to another resulted in Monroe’s sketchy educational background. At age sixteen, her foster parents had to leave her due to some reasons. For avoiding new foster parents, Monroe decided to get married. On June 19, 1942 she married James Doughty, which fell apart after severe domestic fights on 1943.
Though her difficult childhood and failed marriage make Monroe a strong and invincible woman, these experiences also added to her insecurities__things that eventually shaped her into a great inspiring role model of twentieth century. She won the golden Globe Henrietta award: World Film Favorite Female in 1953. She also was presented with the Golden Globe Best Motion Picture Actress in Comedy or Musical for ‘Some Like It Hot’ in 1960, and had total eight movies. in 1958, she won David d: Donatello Golden Plate award for the movie: The Prince and The Show Girl.
2. EminemAmerican rapper, record producer and actor, Eminem was born to a 15 year old woman (who almost died while giving birth) on October 3, 1972 who never knew his father. his mother His mother was not only poor but also a drug addict. He had a rough childhood as he grew up in a predominately black neighborhood which did not take kindly to the lone white kid. His disrupted lifestyle affected his personality that he had no close friends. Keeping almost entirely to himself and being treated like an outcast at every school made him become a victim of depression and tried to commit suicide. He was constantly picked on, and once when we was 9, he was so badly beaten that ended in coma for a week. At the age of seventeen, he attended Lincoln High School in Warren Michigan where he failed the ninth grade three times and eventually dropped out. At 24, he worked 60 hours a week washing dishes for a low salary just so that he could raise his newborn daughter and feed his family. In 2006, his marriage with his childhood love ended which resulted to depressing him beyond belief. Later on, his drug addiction got worse and at one point he overdosed which almost killed him. It was only then that he realized if he had died, who would look after his daughter? He found his reason to live, To Be Something and To Do something for his daughter.
Eminem found his way to express his passion for language and vocabulary. He worked so hard that today he is the greatest rapper, and beloved of popular celebrities of all the times. “I feel like anybody can do anything if they set their mind to. It depends on how bad you want it, and I wanted to do it. You know at this stage of my life, I do not like there is too much i cannot do. I do not mean to sound cocky, but if I really wanna do it, I DO NOT GIVE UP THAT EASY.” he said.
3. Katy PerryShe was born on October 25th, 1984 in a poor family. struggling financially, her family would use food stamps or the food bank at the church to keep alive. The girl at the very young age developed an interest in singing. As her parents were devout Christians, she would sneak in CD’s of popular music through her friends. She began practicing, and from the ages 9 to 17 she sang in the church which developed the dream to take up singing as a career, but her parents refused, which never stopped her. Rebelling against her parents, she started singling and playing guitar. Her first album failed badly, selling only 200 copies, but she was not ready To Give Up. At 15, she dropped school so that she could work harder on her career as a singer. She was just 17 that left her hometown to work on another album which later on never got released. With no money in her pocket and no roof over herhear, Katy had to borrow money for several years to stay alive. After being dropped from three labels, she became a victim of depression and started having suicidal thoughts. But she still held on in hopes of achieving her dreams someday.
Her hard-work finally paid off, one of her songs ‘Teenage Dream’ caught the public’s attention and topped the charts. ‘Teenage dream’ became the first album by a female artist to produce five number-one Billboard hot 100 singles. today she is one of the greatest singers of all the times that her net worth is measured $125 million. Katy has won 5 American Music Awards, 14 People’s Choice Awards, and 4 Guinness World Records. In 2012, she was dubbed as the ‘Woman Of The Year’. Katy has sold 100 million records globally which makes her the third best-selling digital singles artist and successful of popular celebrities in the United States. Katy Perry is an inspiration for people all around the world who want to achieve their dreams and goals.
4. Leonardo DiCaprioHe was born on November11, 1974 in Los Angeles. He was named Leonardo because his pregnant mother was looking at a Leonardo Da Vinci painting in Italy when he first kicked. His father was a comic artist and distributor of comic books. He always encouraged his son to explore his creative side. Leonardo was only 1 when his parents separated. Due to financial issues, he moved in with his mother in a rough neighborhood exposed to drugs and other illegal activities. As a child he loved imitating people, playing pranks with his parents and performing self-created skits. At 5, he was removed from the set of children’s television series romper room for being naughty. At 12, Leonardo decided he wanted to earn extra money by doing something he loved. He chose acting and his goal was to become the best the world had ever seen. At 14, he finally got his first AD for matchbox cars. As a teenager, Leonardo made his TV debut in the show ‘Parenthood’ and people loved him. He kept working hard and things kept turning into gold. In 1992, he was picked out of 400 young actors and cast as the lead in the movie ‘This Boy’s Life’. In 1993, the world was shocked by his amazing acting skill as a handicapped boy in the movie ‘What’s Eating Gilbert Grape’. But the golden moment arrived in 1997 when Leonardo was cast as the lead role in the movie ‘Titanic’ and well the rest in history. In 1997 and 1998, he made the people magazine’s list of ’50 Most Beautiful People’. Leonardo officially became the heart-throb of the millions of people around the world. His exceptional acting has always proved that he does not just have a pretty face, but he is a successful actor, producer, and also an environmental activist. Till date, Leonardo has won 54 awards including an academy award for best actor for his film ‘The Revenant’.
Leonardo’s life teaches us that no matter how old you are, if you have a dream, Chase It.
5. ShakiraBorn in 1977 in a rich family. As a child, she loved dancing and acting.
Her teachers and friends called her ‘The Belly Dancing Girl’. At age 8, her father went bankrupt and her family lost everything which was a sudden change in her life and frustrated Shakira. Growing up, Shakira became famous in her locality as she performed in various events. She started writing and composing her own music. She also tried out singing in school but was rejected, and they used to say that she sounded like a ‘goat’. But Shakira believed in herself and got a call for an audition. Sony Colombia signed her to record 3 albums. She was only 13 when she released her very first album. Her first two albums failed, but she did not give up. Her third album was a huge success. At 18, Shakira founded a charity organization to help poor children. She had finally fulfilled the promise she had made to herself. Today, Shakira is a successful singer, songwriter, dancer, and record producer. She has won:
- 5 MTV Video Music Awards,
- 2 Grammy Awards,
- 13 Latin Grammy Awards,
- 7 Billboard Music Awards,
- 33 Billboard Latin Music Awards
Shakira has sold over 125 million records worldwide. As she said, “Failure is just a part of life. Do not Give Up, Try Again.”
6. Sylvester Stallone
Sylvester Stallone was born on July 6th, 1946 with paralyzed lower left jaw. Due to his condition, he had a slurred speech. At 4, he was put into a tap dancing school because he was flat-footed. As a student he struggled academically and was expelled from several schools. At 9 his parents got divorced and he moved in with his mother in Philadelphia, there he attended a special high school for troubled kids. At 24, he dropped out of college to pursue his dream of becoming an actor, and then he moved to New York in hoped of achieving his dream but only found closed doors. He was so broke that he slept at the bus terminal for 3 weeks. He did all kinds of jobs only so that he could feed himself, but then his worst moment arrived…Sylvester decided to sell his dog to a stranger he met at the liquor store. Desperate to stay alive, he decided to star in a Pornographic film for $200. Later on something happened which changed his life forever, while watching Muhammad Ali on TV he got an idea for a screenplay which took him 3 days straight without sleeping to write a script. Producers offered him $350.000 for his script but he refused; why? because he wanted the lead role in the movie. Producers laughed and said he was not fit to be an actor. He was so determined that the producers had no choice left but to cast him as the lead role.Sylvester gained worldwide fame with his starring role in the smash hit ‘Rocky’.
Today Philadelphia has a statue of his Rocky character placed permanently near a museum. The man who had slept in the streets is today a successful actor, filmmaker, and an inspiration for the world.
7. Angelina JolieA beautiful girl was born on June 4, 1975. Her father abandoned her when she was just 1. As a child she lived in an office with 5 floors above her mother’s apartment. At 11, she was bullied for wearing braces and being too skinny and at 14, she dropped out of school due to continuous years of bullying. She was so depressed that she began to self-harm and cut herself occasionally which caused her to start struggling with insomnia and eating disorders alone with her self-destructive personality. She started experimenting with drugs, according to her she used “just about every drug possible,” particularly heroin. When she decided to get work as a model, she was rejected for being so skinny and gloomy. Her depression got worse and twice planned to commit suicide. At age 18, she began her professional film career, but the movie was a huge failure which made her to decide never to act again. Tired of life, at 22, she even attempted to hire a hit man to kill her. 2 years later she experienced a nervous breakdown and was admitted for 72 hours to a psychiatric ward. Struggling to find a purpose in life, she was offered a role in the movie “Girl, Interrupted” and she accepted it.
The movie was a huge success and she won an Oscar out of most popular celebrities for the best supporting actress. With a new hope, Angelina adopted her first child Maddox, which gave her stability in life. From that point inwards, she did nothing but work for her kids and her career, always moving forward. She is one of the most influential and powerful people in the American Entertainment industry. She is also popular for her humanitarian efforts. Angelina’s story teaches us it is never too late to take control of your life.
8. Vin Diesel
This legend was born in a middle class family who never knew his biological father. Interested in acting since he was a kid, and made his debut in “Dinosaur Door” at only seven years old. In his teens, he remained involved in theater but struggled to make enough money forcing him to work as a security guard. At college, he went on to learn creative writing, but dropped out 3 years later. He left for Hollywood in hopes of becoming one of successful and popular celebrities, but failed. He slept on couches, did odd jobs, waited for a role but nothing happened which extremely depressed him. He returned in New York and started to read books about producing films on a tight budget and decided to create his own short film. Directed and produced a short drama film in less than 3 days. His film was selected for screening at the 1995 Cannes Festival after which, he got a role in “Saving Private Ryan” and then as a voice-over artist in the “Iron Giant”. He turned out to be a multi-talented and the world noticed. His big break came in “Pitch Black” and then “The Fast and the furious” made him an instant hit.
Today Vin Diesel is a successful actor, director, producer, and screenwriter who is also the founder of 3 huge production companies. Vin Diesel’s story teaches us that patience and hard work is the ultimate key.
9. Tom Cruise
He was born on 3rd July 1962 in New York in a poor family. His family was dominated by his abusive father who used to occasionally beat him, and due to his father’s behavior he had raised a shy and low confident kid because his father could not hold a single job for long, and the family had to keep moving from one place to another. The boy changed 15 school in 14 years where he was constantly bullied. After his parents got divorced, he would mow lawns to help his mother financially. As a student, he suffered from learning difficulties and had trouble in both reading and writing. As he was extremely good at sports, he soon became a star in his school’s football and hockey team. However, a knee injury forced him to let go of his hopes of becoming an athlete. at the age of 18, the boy decided to pursue his dream of becoming an actor and enrolled into a drama school, but later he was rejected because he was not good looking and could not read well. Refusing to give up, he kept giving auditions until he got his first small role in the movie ‘Endless Love’. His amazing acting attracted other directors and he started getting many film offers. His career skyrocketed the moment he signed the movie ‘Top Gun’.
He was destined to become one of his highest paid and most sought-after actors in Hollywood. He now has a net worth of $470 million and he owns 7 luxurious cars, a collection of bikes, his very own private jet, and also one of most beloved popular celebrities. His story teaches us that our destiny is not created by the shoes we wear, but by the steps we take.
10. Howard SchultzHoward Schultz, one of the popular celebrities was born in a poor family and was the first kid in his family to go to college. Sold copiers and coffee machines for years who also worked as a bartender and sold his blood to pay for college. In 1981, he visited a small-bean shop called STARBUCKS COFFEE, and wished to work with them and persuaded the owners to hire him. He wanted to change STARBUCKS into something bigger, but the owners refused and did not want to turn it into a restaurant business. Frustrated, he left Starbucks and decided to do it all on his own which was a risk, but he did not want to give up on his dreams. He was rejected by 217 investors who said his idea was not worth investing in.
But he soon raised the money and opened his first store ‘ll Giornale’. The store sold coffee, ice-cream, had a little seating with music played in the background. His idea was a huge success because 2 years later, he bought Starbucks for $3.8 million and expanded it across the US rapidly.
You may also want to know: How to achieve our goals